Tuesday, May 19th 7:00pm-10:00pm (in place of Open Mic Night) & Wednesday, May 27th 6:30-8:30pm.
If you cannot make either of these days but would still like to audition, please email a video submission no more than 5 minutes long of a song of your choice being sung a capella to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for video submissions is June 1st.
Auditions are on a first come first serve basis. We suggest that all contestants arrive early in order to secure a time slot and to fill out an audition form. You may download an audition form from the link below if you would like to bring it upon arrival. You DO NOT have to be a Whiting resident to audition.
Please see audition details below.
* 5 minute time limit on audition!
The judges may not even need to hear your full song. Please choose a song that showcases your voice.
* Participants must be 14 years old or older in order to audition/participate. If under the age of 18, a parent or guardian must sign audition form.
* Solo acts only please. No duets or groups.
* No profane lyrics. If your song has an explicit lyric, please substitute it with a less offensive word.
* No removal of clothes or suggestive dancing!
*This is a singing competition, so please no rapping
* Participants must sing A capella (no instrumental backing track!) It is best if you memorize your lyrics so that the judges can see your performance skills.
If a participant is selected as a finalist, instrumental backing will be required on event day formatted in MP3 or CD and must be submitted in 24 hours ahead of time.
Contestants who move on through the auditions will be required to attend the next elimination round, the date of which is to be determined.
If a contestant is chosen for the top 5 finalists, they will be required to attend the Whiting Idol Finale on Saturday, July 25th, 4:30pm on 119th street Main Stage, Pierogi Fest.