Studio 659 and Arts Alive, in Whiting Indiana, is now accepting submissions for our “Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark” show. Media of all kinds are welcome but each piece must be scary, creepy, eerie or spooky related. This will be a fun show and we expect many submissions, so get your images in as soon as possible. The exhibit is hosted by Arts Alive at Studio 659, 1413 119th St, Whiting, IN 46394. https://studio659.org/
Scary Stories will run from October 6, 2023 through November 10, 2023
- Submissions due: September 16, 2023
- Notification of acceptance: September 17, 2023
- Delivery of work: Work must be delivered by September 27, 2023 during regular studio hours or other arrangements can be made with the curator or shipped at the artist’s expense.
- Show Opening: October 6, 2023 at 7 pm
- Show Closes: November 10, 2023
- Pick up Artwork: During regular studio hours the week following the show and up to 60 days past event closing.
Any art left after the 60-day time period will be the property of Arts Alive. We are closed the week during set up for a new show. Kindly make arrangements with the curator.
- Artists are invited to submit up to 3 JPEG images to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2-D and 3-D submissions in all media and styles are welcomed. Please include an image list in your email with title, media, size, year completed and price.
- JPEG files should be named: first initial last name title, e.g.: JSmithScaryStories
- Also please note any installation needs in your email.
- All 2-d work must be framed and wired. Gallery wrapped canvases do not need framing but must be wired. Please try to wire your work towards the uppers part of the frame. Frames with wiring in the middle tend to tilt away from our walls.
Arts Alive retains a 20% commission; please factor this into your retail pricing.
An artist reception will be held on Friday October 6, 2023 and all regional artists are strongly encouraged to attend this unique show.
The gallery reserves the right to decline any accepted work upon delivery if the condition or quality is other than represented in the submission.
Artist’s who ship their work must include return shipment costs.
Thank you for your interest in Arts Alive and Studio 659.